March 12, 2020
The purpose of this letter is to update you on our district’s response to Covid-19 (coronavirus). At this time, we do not have any confirmed cases in our school community, although this could possibly change in the coming days and weeks.
In order to keep our students and families safe, our primary focus is prevention. If your child has a fever of 100.4F or greater and a cough, please keep them home and contact their primary care doctor for guidance. Please remember that your child should be fever free for 24 hours without the use of Tylenol or ibuprofen before returning to school.
If your child develops these symptoms (fever of 100.4F and cough) while at school, the school nurse will give your child a mask and we will call home. Students who have these symptoms will be put in a separate waiting area away from the general population.
RSU 38’s expectation is that your student will be picked up within a half hour of our call home. Families should prepare in advance for a timely pick up to safeguard the overall health of our community. It is important that we all work together through this developing health crisis.
Attached you will find a symptom handout for your reference.
I would also like to share that the district has taken the following steps:
Beginning immediately all field trips for the foreseeable future will be canceled.
Beginning Monday, March 16 all after school student activities are canceled until further notice. (A decision about spring sports will be made in the next several days.)
Effective immediately all groups seeking access to our facilities will be denied for the foreseeable future.
Based on information provided around our Remote Learning/Blizzard Bag Day pilot we are developing plans that could be used if we should have extended school closures.
Please take care of yourselves and your families.
Superintendent of Schools